Please help us spread the word about our spring workshops…
Parenting During Uncertain Times (FREE and online)
Presented by Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Thursday, April 22, 2021, from 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
Kate Roush, Clinical Lead Supervisor at Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Early Childhood Mental Health) will discuss effective parenting skills to consider during the Covid-19 pandemic, including:
- Preparing a family plan for dealing with the pandemic
- Tips for taking care of your (and your children’s) mental and physical health
- Explaining the pandemic to your children
- General guidelines for answering children’s questions
- Techniques and coping strategies for dealing with feelings of stress and uncertainty
- When should you see a mental health provider?
Covid-19 Vaccine: Everything You Need to Know About Getting the Vaccine (FREE and online)
Presented by the Delaware County General Health District
Thursday, May 6 from 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
Delaware County Ohio Health Department officials will discuss all aspects of the Covid-19 vaccination, including:
- What are the different vaccines and what are they made of?
- Why should I take the vaccine?
- Why are there two shots involved with most vaccines?
- Are there side effects?
- Will the vaccine stop the spread?
- Where do I go to get the vaccine?
- What are the variant viruses, and will the vaccine stop them?
- Why is it important to take other vaccines as well?
St. John Learning Center
Starting Your Own Business Workshops (FREE and online)
Wednesday evenings from 5:00 to 6:30 pm
February 3, 2021: Developing a Business Plan presented by Ellen Harvey of the Ohio Small Business Development Center
February 10, 2021: Insurance Issues presented by Sandra Moody Gresham of Dehan Insurance
February 17, 2021: Grants and Loans presented by Terry Traster of Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI)
February 24, 2021: Tax Rules and Business Configurations presented by Carla Gwinn of Liberty Tax Service
March 3, 2021: Marketing and Social Media presented by Jill Frost of Articulated Wisdom and Josh Wagner of the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice